CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crunch

Occasionally, we go to this lovely place for Sunday brunch. The Man and I went on a date one time, all other times we went with others or just our little family. However, I vow that this last occurrence will be our last as a little family until The Boy is older.

No, it is not a place designed for children, but in the beginning The Boy thought this was the coolest thing. He called it “crunch.” And he behaved really well, sitting in his chair properly and eating his special crunch breakfast.

This last time was what I would consider just short of a disaster. The most disappointing part was that he specifically asked to go to crunch, so I thought he would enjoy the special treat and be good for it. Not so much. He ended up on the floor three different times due to messing around in his seat, one time almost tripping an old lady. How is that possible? I don’t know. I couldn’t end up on the floor of a restaurant if I TRIED. Okay, maybe if I had a couple of Long Island Ice Teas, but seriously, how does this happen to a sober person?

So until he’s older, maybe seven or eight, it will just be a date place for Mommy and Daddy. Which is actually fine by me. I need an excuse to date The Man more often!

0 comments: