CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Kindergarten: It's Official

The Boy is going to kindergarten. There's nothing I can do about it. I thought that I would be okay with it when the time came. But I'm not. And since I'm not okay with it I thought it would be nice to put it off as long as possible. But I can't. So it's done now. We forked over the annual registration fee to hold his spot today at lunch. The most expensive lunch trip I think I've ever taken.

The good new is that The Boy thinks his new school is great. If you remember, there was a time, not so long ago, when I thought he would never be comfortable with this transition. But send him and his dad to ONE open house and there goes our savings account! Just kidding. We don't have a savings account.

I have until August when it will truly be official, and approximately seven therapy sessions until then. And we have all the fun stuff to do, like purchase school supplies, buy uniforms and get them embroidered with the school logo.

It reminds me of a quote from You've Got Mail: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms." Joe Fox played by Tom Hanks.

0 comments: