CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Website Review: Janie and Jack

This is hands down my favorite “mainstream” store. It’s not as big as Gap, Gymboree (Janie and Jack's sister company), or Old Navy, but it is by no means a unique boutique. The outfits are beyond adorable, the quality is superior, and the prices are not extreme.

I don’t remember how I first heard of Janie and Jack, but I fell in love with them right away. I was so sad when I realized that my son would soon be unable to wear their sizes, which stopped at 5T not too long ago. Then, I was elated to learn that they would be expanding their sizes to include size 6 through size 8. Oh joyous day!

I have never actually ordered anything from their website. The website is where I find the outfits I like, as I do not have a Janie and Jack in my town (Dear Santa, next year for Christmas I’d like to have a Janie and Jack open up at the mall by our house…). Then I find an excuse to take a trip to Pleasanton, San Francisco, or Sacramento, and I make my purchase there.

I like the way the website is organized. You can either view the clothes by category (i.e., pants, shirts, outerwear, etc.), or you can view the clothes by outfit (i.e., By the Seashore, Classic Train, etc.). You can also sort so that you can see only the items available in the size you need, and you can see a few items on each page or View All on one page.

The biggest reason that I have not ordered online is because I despise shipping costs. I’m sure that with the price of gas these days that it costs just as much to drive to Sacramento, but I feel like I’m getting more out of my money by somehow. Occasionally I will receive e-mails from Janie and Jack with a free shipping code if you spend more than $100.

Pants come in elastic waist or adjustable waist, so order a size larger and your kid can wear the pants again next year. The quality of the clothes is spectacular. They wash well and don’t wear out quickly, so they will last through years of wear with your child. Also, I have found that this brand has great resale value on eBay.

Finally, be sure to sign up for e-mails and check out their sales. Sales up to 60% off make the somewhat higher prices easier to accept.

Happy shopping!

*Please note that I have no affiliation with Janie and Jack, nor have they asked me to promote their site. In fact, they do not know that I am writing this review and I hope I wasn't supposed to ask permission first!

1 comments:

UniFersal.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.