CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeling Unimportant…and Then Important Again

Our department has a standing meeting with CEO Boss once a month. I feel pretty honored that I am included in these meetings, especially since most items on the agenda are not things that I do, although I could be somewhat involved, especially if Quiet Boss would ever use me and my abilities properly.

Female Boss is sure to make me feel like it is a privilege for me to attend these meetings. By giving me this month’s agenda literally ONE MINUTE before the meeting begins. She half way tosses it at me and says, “Here, this is for today’s meeting. I don’t think you have it yet.” Um, you know I don’t have it yet because you are the only person handing them out and you never gave me one. And all items on the agendas are assigned to someone so that CEO Boss knows who to go to if he has a question about anything. And Female Boss is sure to leave me off altogether. If I’m working on something, she’ll list Quiet Boss or Her Majesty instead. I get a nod on maybe one thing, the tiniest, most insignificant thing, and she includes Quiet Boss on there, too, just so everybody knows that I’m not capable of doing it myself.

THEN

We are in the meeting and CEO Boss asked me a direct question. I had the answer all ready for him. Yeah, take THAT Female Boss – he didn’t ask you about it and your husband is the person who is going to be doing the work, ha! AND, he mentioned something that he said was highly confidential. He said “this is very confidential” like three times, so I know how important it is that I don’t repeat it. I’m sure he was directing that comment towards me, but he continued with the story and it made me feel like I was worth something that he trusted me to hear his confidential story.

0 comments: