CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Hummus, I Got the Hummus

I read that the color beige does not photograph well. Therefore, I am warning you that 1) I am in no way close to being any kind of professional photographer, and 2) I took a picture of some beige things.

I made hummus. The Man had some at a Greek restaurant when he went to lunch with his office and I started to have a craving for it. I looked up some recipes and did not have all of the ingredients from one recipe, so I combined some things together and came up with my own recipe. I thought it came out pretty good, which means I should probably be bottling it and selling it because I am my very worst critic. Here is what I did (roughly, I did not write down anything):

Recipe for Hummus, I Got the Hummus

1 can garbanzo beans
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Olive Oil as needed
1/2 teaspoon parsley
salt to taste

I put the garbanzo beans, garlic, water, and lemon juice in my food processor. I put the lid on, turned it on, and added the olive oil until it was the right consistency. Then I put in the parsley and some salt, ran it again, and did one more tasting and adding of salt. Then it was done.

I warmed up some pita bread, sliced it into triangles and we dipped it in the hummus. It was REALLY good.

I also made cupcakes. It is cold and raining outside and I wanted to do something with The Boy, so he helped me make cupcakes. And he actually helped this time. Most of the time, his “helping” involves a LOT of clean up for me, but this time he did a really great job. I was super impressed.

So please enjoy my beige photos.




2 comments:

Kelsie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Catherine said...

Beige or not, your food photos made my mouth water a little!