CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Listening

When does listening kick in? Is there ever a time when kids are good listeners? Or people in general for that matter? Most people I know are thinking of what they are going to say during a conversation, instead of simply opening their ears and hearing what the other person is saying. I’m guilty of it too. What I’m most guilty of is thinking of other things while someone is talking to me. Did I put more time on the dryer? Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean? I can’t forget to pick up my dry cleaning. Oh, what? Were you talking to me? Yeah.

Anyway, it can be very annoying, but other times it can be funny when The Boy doesn’t listen.

Me: “Hey, dude. Are you going to finish your milk?”
The Boy: “No.” Picks up cup and finishes milk.

The Man: “Do you need to go potty before you get dressed?”
The Boy: “No.” Goes into the bathroom and pees in toilet.

0 comments: