CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nursery Rhymes

I write things in a book that The Boy says so that I remember to blog about them. Otherwise, let’s face it, I’m in the early stages of Alzheimer’s and can unfortunately, only remember the things I get paid to remember.

He does not normally see me write in my book, because I usually pull it out when he is distracted by whatever it is that I am writing about, or he is sleeping. On this particular Sunday morning, though, The Boy and I went out to breakfast, and I pulled out my book to write down some things that I was remembering at that moment. The Boy asked me what I was doing and I told him that I was writing down special things that he said so that I could put them in my blog. He proceeded to recite all of the nursery rhymes he could and after each one he asked me, “Did you write that down?” He insisted that I write down every one and waited patiently as he spoke each line and watched me write it down. So here are the words to nursery rhymes, as delivered by The Boy on February 17, 2008:

Little Miss Muffet

Little Miss Muffet,
Sat on her tuffet,
Eating her courage away.
Along came a spider,
And sat down beside her,
And frightened Miss Muffet away.

(my speculation: she was frightened because she ate all her courage)

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater

Peter, Peter Punkin Eater,
Had a Wife.
Put her in a pinkin shell,
There he kept her very well.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Bitsy Bitsy Spider,
Went up the water spout,
Down came the rains,
And washed the spider out,
Out came the sun,
And dried up all the way,
And the bitsy bitsy spider,
Went up the spout again.

Scooby Do Theme Song

Scooby Doovy Do,
Where are you,
We have a job to do.

OR when he’s being silly…

Scooby Doovy Do,
Where are you,
We have shampoo to do.

Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the king horses and all the king men,
Couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

0 comments: