CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Revolving Door That Is Laundry and Dishes

I think that the amount of laundry and dishes we go through is excessive for a family of three. I don’t know how to stop it – perhaps start walking around naked and eating off of the floor with our hands? No?

I swear, I just finished folding a TON (quite literally, 2,000 pounds, okay) of laundry on Saturday morning and then I turned around Sunday afternoon and there was more! At least two full loads. Where did it come from? I think it is beginning to multiply.

And yet, I never seem to have anything to wear. I want a certain item – oh, it’s in the dirty laundry. I swore I would never be one of those moms who loses her kids socks, too. Like I can control the dryer’s incessant appetite for damp, semi-grubby cotton.

Fortunately, The Man does the dishes. The dishes are on the same schedule as the laundry. I think the dirty dishes have a dirty double date with the dirty clothes and that’s how things start to reproduce. Thank goodness I have The Man because if I had to do both the dishes AND the laundry, I might crawl into the washer and go through a spin cycle just to put myself out of my misery.

1 comments:

amanda said...

I am always amazed by how much laundry and dishes we go through. We are also a family of tree, and my drama queen daughter changes 50 times a day. My husband does too. I'm convinced Laundry is out to get me! haha :)