CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spoiled? I Don't Care.

The Boy is spoiled. I do not disagree with that. He is not a spoiled brat, though. I think he’s the only kid in his class with a Wii. And Santa brought him a Nintendo DS for Christmas. Like a four year old needed his own DS. And not that he cares, but I buy him 7 for All Mankind jeans, True Religion cords, clothes from Janie and Jack, Junk Food tees, etc. He pretty much thinks that school is for learning and home is for fun. Most things that we do with him are fun, so it usually comes as a shock to him when we have to do something that’s not fun. I used to think that he was probably more spoiled than some of his classmates. Until everyone had their 5th birthdays.

We went about his birthday as usual. He picked the theme and I had the special cake made, planned special games, and he got lots of presents, we gave him more than we had planned or budgeted for, but that goes without saying. A good time was had by all and I really felt like it was the most successful birthday party we’ve had for him. He didn’t get anything really big, but we got him want he wanted and lots of it – Pokemon toys.

WELL, we didn’t hear about what went on for everyone’s 5th birthday, but I heard enough. His little on-again, off-again girlfriend, we’ll call her J, who is already a diva, told the teacher that she wasn’t going to be at school on Friday because it was the beginning of her birthday week. Birthday week. So instead of going to school (okay, it’s actually day care, but still), she had a spa day, getting her hair and nails done. She’s five.

A little boy in his class told us (so I’m not sure how totally accurate this is) some stuff that he got that I couldn’t understand, and the thing that I did understand was an iPod. Excuse me, what does a five year old need with an iPod? I’m just going to pretend that’s not true.

But it left me wondering if we didn’t make a big enough deal about The Boy’s 5th birthday. Yes it is a milestone, but do we need to do more for the milestone birthdays?

And it’s official now, I don’t care what The Man says (Hear that? I’m putting my foot down…through my blog because I don’t have the guts to tell you to your face!), the Tooth Fairy is giving him $100 for his first tooth. He even said recently that he wanted to see a one hundred dollar bill. Well, now he can. I was previously informed that this amount was too much for a first tooth. But I don’t care. We can afford it and I can’t wait to see the looks on everyone’s faces when he tells them the Tooth Fairy left him One Hundred Dollars in exchange for his first tooth. I refuse to be outdone on this one. Hmph.

0 comments: