CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Ugh.

I was not feeling well last week. I actually came home after work one day with body aches, went to bed after drinking a miracle I call Theraflu, woke up in the morning with a 100 degree fever, and WENT TO WORK ANYWAY. I went all week. Yup. ALL WEEK. And you know who got me sick in the first place? My boss. Yeah, he came to work all week, too, sharing his germs with everyone. Thanks a lot. Because now I’m sick but since you deem it important enough to be here even though your nose is dripping more than Niagara Falls, I feel like I can’t stay home. Even if I hardly ever stay home sick and have accrued almost 11 days of sick time. Why do I feel guilty for calling in sick? I earned the time, I certainly don’t abuse the time, and I truly am sick.

My boss ended up staying home on Thursday, a day I actually needed him there. I just filled his In-Box with all of my contaminated reports and infected draft letters, etc., and then I cursed his chair (I kid, I put a hex on it, they’re totally different). I came in on Friday and I finally had an excuse I could not ignore. I had such a bad sinus headache that I couldn’t see. My vision was actually blurred from the pain in my head. So I left work early, went home and slept for four hours in the middle of the day. Oh, my, gosh, it felt SO good.

So I’m back at work today and I feel much better. My sinuses are still stuffy, and I think I coughed up my lung. Something came out anyway and it’s practically alive. But other than that I feel pretty good. Lesson learned, people? Stay home when you are sick! Don’t hang out and get everyone else around you sick. Jeez that’s annoying.

0 comments: