CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bottoms Up

When I was a teen, I am sure I said things that my parents never said when they were kids, and also things that annoyed them because they don’t make sense. Dude, like, cool, sweet, tight, fresh (my brother used those last two, not me). I wonder what word The Boy will use that I will not understand. Will he speak in text language? I’ll say, “Hey dude, it’s time for dinner.” And his reply will be, “OMG, thx Mom.”

Or maybe he will use a term that I heard for the first time last night. I was watching television and someone on the show used the word “bevie” instead of “beverage” or “drink.” What. The. Heck. For whatever reason I found that to be so totally irritating. Yes, the show is probably marketed toward a crowd younger than myself, however, the characters are adults with jobs. If I asked Quiet Boss if he wanted a “bevie” I’m not sure what would happen.

Sigh. And I thought I was going to be The Coolest Mom Ever.

0 comments: