CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

I Am Awesome

I would just like everybody in the world to know how incredible I am at my job. I am a freaking rock star. Since I started working in this department in 2005, we perform this fairly complex audit annually, and for the past three year (2005, 2006, and 2007), Female Boss was training me to do it and it took about six months to complete the entire project each year. I asked her, is this taking longer because she was training me and she said no, it took her about six months to do everything on her own, sometimes more because even though she was training me there were two people working on it instead of one. This year she felt that I could do the entire project on my own for the first time (obviously she would review it, but I would be doing all of the time consuming work). Do you know how long it took me to complete the audit from start to finish?

One month.

That’s right. One teeny tiny little month. She was shocked. And then she started making excuses. Well, she was SO busy in the past, she was always interrupted and given different priorities, we’re really slow right now, and you aren’t doing much else, blah blah blah. I’m sorry, but to cut project time down by 83% is not due to being busy or interrupted, unless your priorities were changed from doing the audit project to racing snails around the entire Earth. I increased productivity because I am smart, efficient, and organized. You’re welcome.

1 comments:

Catherine said...

WOW. High-five, sister!!