CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Left Behind

This girl, RG, who was laid off last year, has remained in touch with me, much to my surprise. I was expecting to keep up a friendship with another person who was laid off, but that person has not made the effort. It was a pleasant surprise to me that RG would want to be friends with me. We go to lunch about once a month; we e-mail each other a lot, and talk on the phone occasionally. Her new job is in the same building so we see each other during work time sometimes as well.

I am truly super happy for her that she found a new job quickly, one that gives her flexibility and more money that her job with this company. But just like everyone else who was laid off, I am a little jealous that she has new opportunities and learning experiences. I have worked here for almost ten years and I am ready for something new. I feel like it is one of those times where God has a plan and I just can’t see the road ahead. If it has anything to do with the fact that we only have one car, and The Boy attending kindergarten three blocks away from my office, I am on board with The Plan. But if The Plan is to see how much I can take before my head explodes, I’d like to renegotiate or reevaluate The Plan.

Anyway, the part about feeling left behind is that she goes to Taco Tuesdays with her co-workers every Tuesday. I don’t even like the restaurant they go to, and even if I did, I probably wouldn’t even go to Taco Tuesdays, but the fact is that I don’t even have the opportunity to do it.

Okay, I’m done whining now. I’m glad I have a job.

0 comments: