CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Preocupado

I am trying to teach myself Spanish. It’s something I have wanted to do for awhile, but I did not want to take the time go to school. After The Boy received his DS for Christmas, I found this game that teaches Spanish. It really works, too.

Anyway, that only explains the title of this blog, which means “Worried.” The reason I am worried is because The Boy goes in and out of seeming like he cannot hear very well. The Man thinks that he’s not listening, and although I have certainly witnessed plenty of not listening, I see a difference. During the times I am thinking of, he mentions that he can’t hear the television or the music in the car. He can be sitting right next to me, not really involved in anything else (i.e., zoned out playing video games), and I will say something and he does not hear me.

It comes and goes. For a month he will be fine and then one week I swear his capacity to hear goes down three notches. I want to get his hearing tested, and I don’t want to wait until his annual check up in May. He could be deaf by then. Is it probably nothing? Yes. But if it’s not nothing, and I don’t do anything, I would feel extremely guilty for ignoring it.

I hope it is nothing because I really need to get Spanish under control before I can even begin to think about learning Sign Language.



0 comments: