CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Full Disclosure

We watched a show the other night and in the beginning one of the actor’s voices come on and says, “This show is taped in front of a live studio audience.”

Does anybody know why they do this? The first time I remember hearing this was on the show Coach.

It seems odd to have a disclosure of this nature. Did somebody sue a network because they thought they were listening to a laugh track, only to be disappointed to find out that they were hearing live laughter?

I can see it now. Grouchy Grampa sits up in his Barcalounger, turns up his hearing aid, and mumbles something to Gramma. Gramma cups her hand over her ear and squeaks, “Whaaaa?” Grampa turns to the side table and picks up his dentures. After firmly placing them his gummy mouth, he repeats himself, “Did you hear that? I think it was real laughter! I thought it was a recording all this time. Get me NBC on the phone, woman! I’m gonna sue!”

I mean seriously, what’s this about?

0 comments: