CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 11, 2008

I Just Can't Fight It

It wasn’t long ago that The Boy said “surprise” this way – “purprise!” I loved it. Now he says it the regular way (tears). Also, he can now actually KEEP a secret, so something can actually be a surprise.

Only five months ago, he couldn’t keep a secret. Here was a common scenario:

Mommy and The Boy, sitting on the couch downstairs, while Daddy is upstairs getting dressed. Mommy whisper, “Hey, dude, Mommy got this new Star Wars toy for Dad. Don’t tell him, k?”

The Boy whispers back, “Okay Mommy.”

Then The Boy runs upstairs and tells Daddy, “Mommy got you a Star Wars toy.”

That sucked. But now he can keep a secret. He will still tell you that there is a surprise, but he won’t tell you what it is.

My birthday is tomorrow, and The Boy planned, ALL BY HIS CUTE LITTLE SELF, to surprise me. He told The Man exactly what he wanted to do for me and they are busy doing it right now. I cannot tell you how excited I am. I have not been this excited for a surprise in a very very very long time.

0 comments: