CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Instant Replay

The Boy has recently become aware of instant replay. I guess he has seen enough sports at the arena and on television to know what it is and its purpose. He has started doing his own form of instant replays. He will do something he thinks is cool, whether it is a jump off the couch stunt or a move one of his Pokemon did during their battles, and then he’ll say, “Mom, watch the instant replay.” Then he goes to an imaginary television up towards some corner of the room we are in and “adjusts” the knobs on the “television,” a similar act to that of a bartender turning up the volume on the television in the high corner of your local sports bar. Then he insists that I look at this invisible television while he reenacts whatever cool move he has just done. The first time I tried to watch him perform his instant replay, but got really upset and insisted that I watch it on the “television” screen. So if I didn’t catch it the first time, I’m not ever going to see it, due to the fact that I am scrutinizing the air at his insistence.

0 comments: