CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jail Time

The other day The Man politely beeped the car horn at the lady driving the car in front of him as the traffic light had turned green but she failed to notice because she was talking on her cell phone. The Boy asked The Man why he honked the horn and The Man explained. Then the following conversation took place:

“Dad, is talking on the phone when you are driving against the rules?”

“Yes.”

“Well I hope she goes to jail!” The Boy has the same amount of compassion towards bad drivers as I do.

“Yeah, me too!” Okay, he gets some of it from The Man.

“Because when you go to jail, you have to read your favorite book over and over again.”

I haven’t read my favorite book in years, nor do I anticipate having any time in the near future to read it. I guess all I needed to do this entire time was commit a crime. I want to make up for lost reading time, though, so it should probably at least be a felony.

0 comments: