CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stickers From Mickey

I used to have an account with DisneyMovieClub. Until I got sick of paying shipping for movies I forgot to decline and they were sent to me anyway. I sent them back and was refunded for the movie, but you still have to pay for shipping. So I quit.

They are trying to get me back. They sent a package in the mail the other day with all kinds of incentives to rejoin. Of course I felt the temptation so I burned it all immediately. Except for the stickers.

It’s a strip of two rows of the main Disney characters – Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto. When The Boy saw them, he was so excited. He immediately pulled one off the sheet and placed it on his hand. I think if he had access to the Krazy Glue, he would have permanently glued it to his hand. We have this calendar system set up for positive reinforcement and when he has a good day, he gets to put a sticker on the calendar for that day. Since he was so excited about these stickers, I suggested that he use one of them on the calendar that day. He became very serious, and solemnly informed me that these stickers were very special and must be saved for special occasions. Got it - they are not to be used recklessly on the calendar where they are permanently attached; only to be placed temporarily on the sticky sweaty hands of a five year old boy.

I asked him what he would use the stickers for then. He said that Mickey sent him these stickers since we are going to Disneyland this year. He said that we should save them for our trip (which is in three and a half months), take them to Disneyland, show them to Mickey, say thank you for sending them to him, and then share them with his Disney friends. Some kids might change their minds or forget and use the stickers during the next three months, but I am totally sure that this will not be the case here. He will absolutely wait over one hundred days to execute this plan. If I were to get out those stickers in a month, he would reprimand me, and if I tried to leave the house for Disneyland without them, again, another scolding is sure to be headed my way.

This is a kid who decided before Halloween 2006 what he was going to be for Halloween 2007 and then stuck to it. In 2006 he also decided what he was going to be for Halloween 2008 and I believe that if we can find the costume, he will follow through on that as well. Stickers are small beans.

1 comments:

Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children said...

I know those stickers well! My son goes crazy for them...but I won't be conned into getting into that movie club!