CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WonderWalk

The Boy is participating in his first Walk A Thon! The charity is March of Dimes, and the walk is being put on by his preschool. Have you ever heard of anything more precious? Kids and babies helping other babies - those who have a disadvantage the second they come into this world. We are raising money for this cause, and when I set out a goal of $100, I did not think we would meet the goal. Oh, yea of little faith.

We exceeded our goal.

Thank you to R, the Ex Boss (who doesn't read this blog, but will also be receiving a very nice thank you card). You are such a special person to me and it really means a lot that you would contribute to this cause in The Boy's name.

Thank you to my aunt (who also doesn't read this blog, but ditto on the card), who donated $25. The Boy was so excited to receive your e-mail, and I thank you for supporting him in his new experience.

And last, but certainly NOT least, THANK YOU to my dear friends, Salty and Jenny, who are most likely to read this post (because I'll tell them to read it). You are so thoughtful and generous. I am very thankful to be able to count you as my true friends. Your contribution made him so excited to do this walk to be a hero for the babies. I will send you pictures of his determined look as he walks through his check points to save babies.

On a side note: I cannot wait for you to move out here already! The Boy is so excited to spend more time with you.

Just because I met my goal does not mean we have to be done. I am still accepting donations (until May 16th). You can donate online, and don't think for one second that what you have to offer isn't enough. Even one dollar is enough to contribute to the life of a newborn.

Thank you so much for your consideration. The March of Dimes has saved millions of babies from death or disability with lifesaving research and innovative prevention programs. The money we raise will support those efforts.



www.marchofdimesyouth.com

0 comments: