CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy and Happy

I remember now what it is like to be BUSY at work! And I love it. I am so happy. I know it's only the second day and I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase. But for real, this is A-MA-ZING.

The day flies by faster than something that flies really fast. I was thinking a bird, but let's go with rocket ship.

And I am already SO much more relaxed. It used to be that when I got home all I wanted to do was drink hard liquor nothing. Like sleep or veg out in front of the television. Which is not good for The Boy (or for me). I wasn't in the mood to read a million books to him (or one book a million times). I wasn't in the mood to play with him. And I had no patience with him. But yesterday, I had the MOST patience with him. I was the best Mommy. And it felt GOOD.

I'm not even stressing that I don't know everything already. I used to think I should know everything RIGHT NOW, and I cried when I made a mistake. I would stress out all the time if I didn't know the answer to a question. Maybe it's because I'm older and more mature. Maybe it's because it's my dad. Or Maybe it's because of all the meds. I'm going to hit this one from the maturity angle. Yeah, that's it.

I am disappointed about one thing. Less time to spend reading my favorite blogs! And writing my blogs! If that's the most I have to complain about, then I'm happy.

Yesterday, we had a meeting on the couch. I wore sweats.

Today, I wore a skirt, but it is a comfy skirt. I wore flip flops. I sat out back on the porch swing and pet the cat while I returned phone calls.

Tomorrow, The Boy is going to spend the day with me. I'm wearing sweats again. And we'll play with Play-Doh at the kitchen table.

3 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Nice. :)
I've actually become busier and have less downtime too, but somehow I'm going through blog posts a lot faster and more efficient now.

Rachael said...

That sounds great! Congratulations on the happy!

Catherine said...

I'm so happy for you!! I, too, hate that I don't have enough time to make the blog rounds like I wish I did. I read them all in feeds. But commenting is sometimes a luxury. Anyway, you're right. Life is good when falling behind on blog-reading and posting is your biggest regret/problem. :)

Congrats!!