CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm Giving In

When I started blogging five months ago, I had only heard of the concept of blogging a few times. Then I moved out of the cave I was living in, and I realized what a giant place the bloggy world is. Then I was like a person dying of thirst in that I couldn’t read enough blogs. I started reading other people’s blogs and visiting every blog on their blogrolls. Then I discovered Bloglines and other feed readers. So I don’t have to check on each blog every day for new content? This must be what heaven is like. I was really surprised that I didn’t already know all of this because I am a really computer savvy person. But the more you know the less you know.

I started to notice that everyone and their mother are talking about Dooce or have Dooce on their blogrolls. The first time I read her, I was referred to her site from another blog I was reading. I read this post. I completely identified with the star bits on Mario Galaxy. And I was hooked. As in, when I realized she didn’t blog on the weekends, I experienced withdrawal symptoms, complete with epileptic fits, hypertension, and schizophrenic behavior.

Dooce is now proudly displayed on my blogroll. I have never mentioned her in a post. I didn’t want to be jumping on the bandwagon like everyone else who follows her (I’m starting to think that she could be the Anti-Christ). I had to give in today because this post is just too hilarious not to reference. I’m pretty sure anyone who has found my blog has heard of Dooce (she’s been all over the news lately and even in the Wall Street Journal). But if I don’t reference her here, The Boy may never have the opportunity to read her work and that would just be tragic.

Even though I had not heard of her before January, I’m convinced that we’re soul mates. We think the same way. The difference is that she has the ability to articulate her thoughts into hysterical words and I have the ability to read those thoughts and say I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN. So really, we complete each other. She just doesn’t know it yet.

6 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Yep, I'm one of those that knew about Dooce. I didn't read her blog though.

Pinks and Blues said...

Oh, Dooce is famous and all... but she has nothing on you but more time to have gathered thousands of readers and admirers! I love your story-telling style. And I love rocks, too! My 2-year old grandson has inherited this gene from me, and has extended it to pieces of asphalt, concrete and wood chips. We even had a little collecting incident this winter with frozen doggy poop. Yes, it did LOOK like a rock!

Happy blogging!

Sharon - Pinks & Blues

Jenn said...

I had no idea who Dooce was for the longest time. I think she's on my blogroll now - but to be honest, while I enjoy her posts, I wouldn't say she's my favorite blogger.

Haley-O said...

Dooce is awesome! I wish I had more time to read her (and lots of blogs, like yours!) :)

anymommy said...

She makes me laugh too. Definitely a way with words and sarcasm. I'm heading over to read the post that made you decide to link to her!

Catherine said...

I've been religiously reading Dooce for five years now. My husband reads her, too. And I'm constantly sending links of her posts to my sisters who don't fit blogs into their busy schedules. The shame of it all!