CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Informant

The Boy does not have any siblings, so tattling has not really been an issue in our house. But we do have a book about the difference between tattling and informing an adult when someone is ruining property or doing something dangerous.

We went to a friend’s house last night and the other little boy was not sharing one of his toys. Instead of getting another one of the million toys that were available, The Boy comes to me and says, “J isn’t sharing his car toy with me.” I said, “Are you tattling?” He said, “No, I’m just telling you.”

“Oh, okay, thanks.” And I went back to playing with J’s little brother.

I’m really glad that I don’t have to deal with that on a regular basis. I think it’s comical that The Boy’s excuse is that he is just “informing” me of the events. Maybe he’ll grow up to be a newscaster or celebrity stalker.

0 comments: