CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kansas

We got a cat. I've been wanting a cat for, um, FOREVER. I grew up with always having a cat and we had two cats when The Boy was born but one cat got really sick shortly after he was born and we, uh, sent her to live on a farm. The other one peed on his stuff and snapped at him. We sent him to live on a farm too. I was very very VERY sad. It just wasn't fair.

The Man has been really iffy about getting a cat. I always beg him and think I'm tempting him when I drag take him into the pet store and show him tiny little kittens playfully wrestling each other. He never caved so I finally gave up.

Last week we went to Target to get something (and ended up spending a million bucks but that's another story). The pet store is right by the Target and The Boy likes to go in and look at the mice, birds, cats, and watch the dogs getting groomed. The Boy and I went in first and looked at the cats in the front were on our way to look at the rest of the store. When The Man catches up with us, he mentions having a liking for one of the kittens.

We drop a couple of Benjamins and we're on our way home to play with our new kitten.

Here is a little insight into the parenting I was raised with. It was always like this, no matter how old I was or if my actions were positive or negative. This was always the reaction:

When I told my mom about the cat, she said, "Oh. Does Dad know about this?" I'm sorry, how old am I? Oh yeah. TWENTY-NINE. I've been able to keep a child alive for five years. I think I can handle a cat.

6 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Haha, that picture's too cute. Cats have interesting faces.

Bill said...

While you're handling that cat, you should point out to the Man that as far as cats go, if you have one,you might as well have two.

Now that you've got your cat in the door.

moo said...

I love kittens! When I was growing up, we always had cats. But they seemed to be too much to handle with our little one, so we are currently pet-less. One day we'll get another cat. Until then, I have to live vicariously through the peoples on the interweb.

Congrats on your new pet!

Rachael said...

Cute! That cracks me up. Does your Dad know? What??

Catherine said...

Awww, what a cute kitty. Congrats!

Jenn said...

I love that cat's face.