CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Routine

I am very particular about routines. Many people take this to mean that everything must be perfect. This is really not the case.

For example, at my old job, we labeled everything with label makers and everything had a specific place, secured in a file. Perfect. Did I like it that way? Sure, it was nice. But at my new job, I make file labels with a Sharpie and stuff the papers into the file, loose and random. More effective or efficient? No. It's totally not perfect. But it's the routine. Even though it's unorganized, it's an unorganized ROUTINE. And that's most important.

Another example of a routine, good for The Man to note: I don't care HOW you drive to the office in the morning. But for goodness' sakes, PICK A WAY TO GO AND STICK TO IT. I can't listen to anything you're saying if you take a different route to work every day.

0 comments: