CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Start Up Experience

When I started looking for new jobs awhile back, I came across a few ads that said "start up experience preferred." I couldn't understand why that mattered. I helped a friend set up his office for a restaurant. Minimally. But it didn't seem that hard. What kind of "experience" would be necessary to fully start up an office?

The "experience" they are looking for is called "patience."

Because if you don't have that quality and you try to set up a new office, you will most likely throw your computer, loaded with dumba$$ Windows Vista, off the second story balcony, purposely eat wet coffee grinds for breakfast, and finally, jam a pen in your eye, just to get your focus off the pain. The pain of TRYING TO DEAL with two Microsoft programs that are not compatible with each other, people whose job it is to set up phones who CANNOT SET UP PHONES, and all the while still attempting to do a dynamite job so that your dad doesn't re-think his decision to hire you.

Fortunately for me, I have a five year old. Which means I'm The Queen of Set Up Experience. Thank you, Hunny Bear.

1 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

I thought they meant the experience of starting a new company, or have worked in such a company?