CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Which I Crawl On My Hands And Knees Begging For Caffeine

Hi, my name is RubiaLala and I am addicted to caffeine.

I really am. Apparently some people are more likely to get addicted to stuff than others because The Man can take or leave whatever and never gets addicted and I'm like a freaking basket case if I don't have coffee every morning by 8:30. Or if I take Tylenol PM at night for two nights in a row and then not on the third night, I'm like a crack addict in rehab, complete with vomiting and angry outbursts.

So my dad used the last of the coffee at the office yesterday AND DIDN'T TELL ME. I got here this morning and HAD NO COFFEE. I literally started crying. I'm dead serious. It is the worst thing that has happened to me since I started working here
(I know, boo hoo). I immediately started shaking and feeling light headed. I crawled over to the phone and called The Man and in a barely audible voice I requested that he come back to the office, where he had just dropped me off, and pretty please bring me some unused coffee grounds so that I could live through the day.

Earlier today The Man said he felt like we didn't need him because The Boy and I had so much fun while he was gone on his trip and to that I say YOU PROVED THAT YOU ARE AN INVALUABLE PART OF OUR FAMILY TODAY WHEN YOU BROUGHT ME COFFEE. For that alone I will love you forever. And also thanks for having The Boy with me.

1 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Perhaps you should start carrying emergency instant coffee packs in your purse.