CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

THE LAST WORD

A few years ago, The Boy said "'Member when Mommy crashed at Wal-Mart?" My jaw dropped. I have never IN MY LIFE crashed at Wal-Mart. I have crashed a lot of other places, but never Wal-Mart. Not that there is anything wrong crashing at Wal-Mart.

When The Boy said that, The Man looked over at me like What have YOU been hiding?

I denied everything. It NEVER happened. I swear! And I was being totally honest. I have no idea what that liar kid was talking about.

The Boy thought my reaction was SO funny that every so often he would say it again. For like two years. I think The Man really started to believe him!

Finally, I asked The Boy he had to stop saying it because I didn't remember it and I didn't want Daddy to think I was lying. So I wasn't saying either person was right or wrong - I just asked him to stop saying it. I probably had peace for about two months.

Then yesterday The Man was driving somewhere with The Boy and he starts talking about it AGAIN.

The Man: "I don't think Mommy likes you talking about that dude."
The Boy, dead serious: "But Dad. It really happened."
The Man: "Can you tell me what happened?"
The Boy: "We were driving to Wal-Mart and the light turned red but Mommy didn't stop in time and she crashed into the car in front of us and nobody got hurt and nobody's car got broken and then we went to Wal-Mart. And on your date tonight, you tell Mommy I said that and she's going to be like NO WAY and you can tell her Yes, I'm serious, don't you remember? And she'll remember."

He told me all this on our date, and I don't remember. But I'm so sick of hearing about it that I told The Man that we'd tell him I remembered so he would finally stop talking about it but that I'd blog about it so that when he reads this in ten years, he would know what I really think.

And that my friends is called THE LAST WORD.

3 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Hey, whoever writes it down first wins. ;)

Rachael said...

That is so hilarious. I wonder what he's talking about.

moo said...

KIDS!

Maybe it was a dream he had and it was so real that it has BECOME real to him.

I dunno.