CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Friend R

I received an e-mail from my friend R this week. Her cousin was diagnosed with acute leukemia out of nowhere. She went to the doctor because she had a severe headache and was weak. She thought she had a sinus infection.

She is getting treatment at Stanford. She is only 35 years old, a mother of two totally adorable little girls and she was super healthy. She worked out three to four days a week and watched her diet. It just goes to show u that cancer can happen to anyone. ANYONE.

And that kind of puts the whole job thing into perspective. For me. The Man - probably not so much.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things turn out all right for her.

Jenn said...

This happened to one of my boss' friends. She went to the doctor because her hip was hurting. They found out she had bone cancer and by the time they caught it, it had spread to her lungs and spinal cord. She was in her 40s. Craziness!