CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Nickles

The Boy used to say "nickles" instead of "nipples." Which gives a whole new meaning to the phrase If I had a nickle for every time I...

Anyway, he and I were cuddling with Kansas and he saw one of her tiny pink nipples poking through her soft white fur. He said, "What's that?" And then this happened:

Me: "That is her nipple."
The Boy, looking at me skeptically: "Are you serious?"
Me: "Yes. She has six of them."
The Boy, totally freaking out: "WHAT?!?"

So I explain to him how people usually only have one baby at a time so they don't need as many nipples as kitties do. Kitties can have four or six babies at time, so they need more nipples.

*****

The next day, The Man and The Boy are doing whatever and The Boy says, "Did you know that Kansas has eight nipples?" The Man was unaware of the previous conversation and was shocked by this seemingly out of left field comment. But he said yes, he did know that. The Boy says it's so she can have eight babies and The Man agrees.

Then The Boy says "If she had sixty nipples she could have sixty babies."

*****

Driving home from my parent's house last night, we are all in the car and The Man asks me, "Did you tell The Boy something about Kansas' nipples?"

I chuckled and said yes. I wanted to hear what was behind this question. So he told me the above story and I giggled at the hilarity of it all.

And the The Boy shrieks from the back seat, "LET'S TALK ABOUT NIPPLES!!!"

He asks me what nipples are for. And I wondered why he accepted my explanation of number of babies versus number of nipples if he doesn't know what nipples are for.

Because if there is no correlation in his mind, I might as well have told him that Kansas needs more nipples than people because cats don't eat broccoli. Or some other nonsensical response.

We told him about the purpose of nipples and gave examples he could visualize (i.e., a cow). And he said, "Well, the milk I drink doesn't comes from a cow." Because he drinks lactose free milk. So he thinks it doesn't come from a cow. THERE'S a trick.

By that time we were arriving home and I asked him to please stop shouting nipples until we got into the house because it's really only a word we use with our own family and not with anyone else.

Oh and also; the ENTIRE INTERNET.

6 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Well, you certainly let the animal with six nipples out of the bag!

moo said...

BEST. STORY. EVER.

MommyWizdom said...

Aren't kids great? He'll never look at cats the same again. :-)

Rachael said...

That is hilarious. I also like that there is a label for nipples.

Jenn said...

This post made my day!

Much More Than A Mom said...

Hahaha! Gotta love the nipple talk. We haven't reached that yet. We're still on poop. ;-)