CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Size Matters

The Boy believes that you continue to grow as you age. I understand his logic, but the people he sees on a daily basis defy this reasoning.

We drove by a retirement home and the shrubs in the front were trimmed to spell out the name of the home. The Boy asked, "What does that say?" We reply with the name of the home and then he asks what that means. We explained the concept of a retirement home to him.

He wanted to know how old people are when they go there? One hundred? Yes, one hundred would be a good age for someone to go there.

His reply: "When I'm one hundred, I'm not going to fit in the retirement building. I'm going to go into retirement when I'm 49."

1 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Hm, that's actually a nice goal to have.