CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tag You're It

So I was tagged. It's never happened before, or at least, not that I was aware of. I'm not even sure I know what it means or what the point is.

I was tagged by tinycandi to share six things about myself.

There are "rules:"
1. Link the person who tagged you - done. See above.
2. Mention the rules on your blog - done. See what you're reading.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours - done. Except for that I think they are pretty spectacular as far as quirks go, yes?
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them - I'm rebelling. See really below.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged - again, rebelling.

1. Nosy/Curious/Paranoid. These all roll into each other. I am curious about life and people and I love knowing things about people. But this bleeds into looking into peoples homes - WHEN THEY LEAVE THE BLINDS OPEN AT NIGHT WITH THE LIGHTS ON. I'm not like creeping up to our neighbors house and peering into their windows. I just crane my neck as we drive by and wonder/imagine what conversations are being had. I think that is why I love blogs SO MUCH. It's like a little window into people's lives. Not being able to have answers to the nosy, curious things leads to the paranoia. If I don't know what's going on with someone, they must be plotting against me. Or my brain thinks of very creative, IRRATIONAL alternative scenarios. It's not healthy.

2. Cleanliness. I am serious about things being clean, neat, tidy, organized, etc., and my hands top the list. I don't really want to go into it more than that. Let's just say that I should purchase stock in Dial or Method, and probably in some lotion stock too, like Lubriderm or Cetaphil.

Seriously, anytime you want to contribute to payment of my therapy, I'd REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

3. Opinionated/Indecisive. Many times I am too opinionated, so much so that my mouth can get me in trouble because it speaks before my brain checks it. Other times I am so indifferent about things that it is a wonder I have ever made any kind of decision in my life AT ALL.

4. Independence/Stubbornness. I don't like being pushed into decisions, even if it's more of a suggestion. If I don't feel like doing something, I won't do it, and I'll hold on to the feeling of not wanting to do it, a trait I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind disappearing. FOREVER.

5. Unrelenting Grudges. I don't forgive people who hurt me. Not in such the complete blanket way that it sounds because obviously The Man has hurt me and I have forgiven him. I am talking about what I find to be unjustified actions. Of course I deserve certain hurts, such as insults hurled at each other during arguments, and I am willing to forgive as well as admit wrong doing and saying I'm sorry. But if I cannot figure out for the life of me why you have done this to me, and will even consult with unbiased third parties in order to gain perspective, then it's over. I will never EVER forgive you or let you in again. There is no chance for you. To protect myself.

6. Soft Heart. Despite all the sarcasm and hardness, I really do have a soft heart on the inside. It doesn't take much for me to tear up during a movie, a good book, heck a commercial with puppies in it. Kids, old people, and I don't know how to be politically correct about it, but "special needs" people - I care for them all very dearly, even those I do not know but perhaps just see walking down the street.

I know I'm supposed to tag six blogs, but I hate that. It's like an online chain letter. I don't want to pressure anyone to do this. So I'm not tagging any blogs. Tinycandi didn't know me and said she was tagging new people and that is awesome for her and I appreciate it.

Take it or leave it.

2 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

If only there's Google Analytics or Sitemeters so you can check how many people checked your window and where they came from...

Manic Organic said...

Sheesh! I typed a whole long thing and then it got wiped out because I didn't have an "Account". Why do you have to sign up and sign in and sign out of everything these days! Anyway, what did I say.... Oh, you are so special and I love everything about you (except the black wardrobe). You are everything you think you are but so much more. I can't imagine what life would be like without you right now.

Why do you depersonalize the child by calling him "The Boy". If he is going to read this some day, maybe you should start working on a term of endearment. I think I shall call him "Kiss Kid". Where shall I hide them tomorrow??????