CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Never Did Regret It

I got married in 1999, two years after my brother did this but before all the drama with cutting himself and getting kicked out of the house and moving away.

But I wasn't speaking to him, nor was I speaking to my dad's side of the family.

I wanted to invite my dad's side of the family to my wedding. My grandmother had made me this lovely silk pillow for the rings. I missed them all so dearly and I wanted desperately to invite them to my special day.

My parents, somehow, talked me out of it. Being a stronger person now, I don't know how they did it. It was like, one day you'll regret not having your brother at your wedding and in your pictures. You don't know what's going to happen with the family, he's your brother. Also, they were paying for my wedding and even if they didn't say anything about it, that guilt was already in place.

He came to the wedding and the others were not even invited.

0 comments: