CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not Enough Wine For This

A million things are running through my head at this point.

Crying.
Screaming.
Hitting something.
Tell him I'll quit.
Tell him he's crazy.
Tell him HELL NO.
Tell him that's a bad idea.
Don't sound selfish.
He thinks you're selfish.
Do the right thing.
What's the right thing?
What did he say?!?
Why does he want that?
I didn't know he wanted to run his business INTO THE GROUND.
Be diplomatic.

Okay, I stuck with the diplomatic. I had to respond soon or he would know something was up.

"Uuuuuummmmm, I guess it would be fine." I tread carefully. "You know, I realize that I'm going to have to work with people I don't trust, so I'll just have to treat him as a co-worker at this point I guess." Meaning I don't trust him but I would be willing to work with him.

"Okay great!" Is his reply. I guess I gave the "right" answer.

Stupid me. I didn't even stop to think that this would mean he will be here for things like FAMILY EVENTS.

The next day he comes in all excited. Your mother is so happy to have her son back.

3 comments:

Kelvin Kao said...

Well, give him the benefit of doubt for a week or two, I guess. I hope things work out.

moo said...

honey, I'm so sorry. I've been following along and have no words.

You don't have to be nice to him.

You don't have to treat him like a brother.

You don't owe anyone anything.

It's your life too.

Rachael said...

I'm sorry. It totally sucks. It sucks that your whole life will change and that no one gets why you care. It sucks that you're going to have to put up with him being around all the time. I'm sorry.